Thursday, May 5, 2016

Hello, world!

Welcome to my brand-new blog, Phonetics Thru Videos!

I'm a professor of Phonetics and Phonology at the Federal University of Ceara, in Brazil, and my idea with this blog is to create a collection of video snippets that can be used to illustrate phonetic features, characteristics, issues and phenomena of English and Brazilian Portuguese. 

Each post will have a very brief explanation of the feature/phenomenon illustrated in the video segment. Feel free to navigate, save the videos, leave comments and share the posts and the blog. Also, if you have a suggestion of a video clip I could use to illustrate a feature of English or Portuguese phonetics, please send it to me.

I hope you enjoy reading the blog as much as I enjoy writing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment